Index du Forum

Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Faster Higher Farther The Volkswagen Scandal ::

Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
fuzzigarn
★ Visiteur ★

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 11:10 (2017)    Sujet du message: Faster Higher Farther The Volkswagen Scandal Répondre en citant

Faster, Higher, Farther: The Volkswagen Scandal
by Jack Ewing

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK Faster, Higher, Farther: The Volkswagen Scandal

It worked, in one wayPlease upgrade your browserResponsibility: Jack EwingBut there was no off-the-shelf commercial equipment available yet, and because industry had fought against the use and development of my system during the settlement negotiations, they were allowed to have their own system built by a contractor, using best available technologyAutomobile industry and trade -- Germany -- HistoryIn some ways, diesel engines are environmentally friendly they are more fuel-efficient than gasoline, and produce less carbon dioxide but they have severe drawbacksIt was in part this result that further propelled him to the top rung of the ladder (CEO and chairman of VW), where Pich had ruthless world domination as an overarching objective.It is only by apprehending this drive for supremacy that one can understand the recent Hollywoodish history of the Volkswagen group."Faster, Higher, Farther" is well-written, oftentimes fascinatingShop Now Textbooks Textbooks Departments Used Rental New Sell your Textbooks Subjects Business Computer Education History Medicine Philosophy Politics & Current Affairs Psychology Science Up to 90% Off New & Used Textbooks Enjoy major savings on textbooksSimilar Items Related Subjects:(6) Volkswagenwerk -- HistoryRead about the event here

In fact, the Horiba PEMS system used by West Virginia University (WVU) to generate the data that was later used by others to identify the existence of defeat devices is the commercial ROVER system built under license to the ROVER/PEMS patents.THE LONG VERSION IS THE FOLLOWING:It wasnt until reading Jacks book in 2017 that I became aware that I had been working in such an unglamorous field while I pioneered real-world vehicle testing and invented the equipment that made it possible18, 2015, the Environmental Protection Agency accused Volkswagen of equipping its diesel engines with software that circumvented emissions testing, thereby allowing some of its cars to emit a particularly noxious substance, nitrogen oxide, in amounts that were as high as 40 times the legal limitsSo does that make European VW righteous while American VW was not? What is the focus problem here - following government regulations or putting excessive amounts of nitrogen oxides into the air? The discussion of how the scandal was initially uncovered was fascinating and is something I have wondered about every time I take my car to get its emissions checkedIn car world, emissions technology is so uncool that it had become the specialty of the not-so-prestigious West Virginia University, which was one of the few places willing to take it onMo Munruddin rated it it was amazing Jun 26, 2017

Please enter recipient e-mail address(es)Thank you!We'll be in touch soon.DONE Overview Formats A shocking expos of Volkswagens fraud by the New York Times reporter who covered the scandalShop Now Home & Gifts Home & Gifts Popular Categories Art Supplies Bags & Totes Decorative Accents Electronics Journals Reading Aids See All > Gift Finder Gifts for Everyone For Her For Him For Students For Readers For Writers Price Under $10 $10 - $25 $25 - $50 $50 and Up Special Collections Harry Potter Winnie the Pooh Fantastic Beasts Moana Finding Dory Star Wars Favorite Brands Moleskine Vera Bradley Knock Knock Kate Spade New York Ban.do Collection Seasonal Favorites Summer Tote:$12.95 with Purchase Peter Rabbit Tropical Dreams Paradise Collection New Lokai Wear Your World Bracelet A portion of the proceeds will go toward helping refugeesFind out more hereInitially they were very skeptical, in particular they made a laundry list of potential problems with my flow measurement techniqueDetails Document Type: Book All Authors / Contributors: Jack Ewing, (Economics correspondent) Find more information about: Jack Ewing, (Economics correspondent) ISBN: 9780393254501 039325450X OCLC Number: 962322375 Description: x, 337 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm Contents: Road trip -- The grandson -- Renaissance -- The scion -- Chief executive -- By all means necessary -- Enforcers -- Impossible doesn't exist -- Labor relations -- The cheat -- The Porsches and the Piechs -- Clean diesel -- Enforcers II -- On the road -- Exposure -- Piech's fall -- Confession -- Empire -- Aftermath -- Justice -- Punishment -- Faster, higher, fartherBut after using my system and rigorously analyzing the data, they concluded that it worked indeed, that it was accurate, and they did not have to develop other methods of measuring flowWhile this low-dollar part was being custom-manufactured to my specifications, I assembled the remainder of the system and wrote all of the software to control the first ROVER/PEMS systemCredit Patrick Pleul/Agence France-Presse Getty Images FASTER, HIGHER, FARTHERThe Volkswagen ScandalBy Jack EwingIllustrated

> # Automobile industry and trade--Germany--History a schema:Intangible ; schema:name "Automobile industry and trade--Germany--History"en ;Subject: The E-mail message field is requiredReviews User-contributed reviews Add a review and share your thoughts with other readersYou must select a newsletter to subscribe toInvalid email address About the Book In FASTER, HIGHER, FARTHER: The Volkswagen Scandal, the first book on Volkswagens shocking fraud, Jack Ewing offers a riveting cautionary tale about power and corruption.more flag Like see review So I conducted demonstrations for many organizations, both within and outside government, including state environmental organizations, universities, and other EPA officesIts more a story of how Pich, and to some degree Winterkorn, established a culture where something like this could and did happen

But as the pioneer of real-world engine and vehicle emissions and fuel economy testing, and as the inventor and commercializer of the real-world PEMS testing technologies, I lived through the entire process from the beginning to the present and may be the only person who knows all of the relevant details with corresponding documentation.THE SHORT VERSION IS THE FOLLOWING:I started working for EPA in 1991 and by 1995 I was unconvinced that laboratory-based vehicle testing results were providing the necessary information for the Agency to make the best decisions regarding the improvement of ambient air qualityFrom these values, the total mass of each regulated pollutant was determined and divided by the test cycle miles to calculate a vehicles emissions in grams of pollutant per mile drivenAdvertisement Continue reading the main story Ewing also tells the tangled, intertwined history of Porsche and Volkswagen, and the families who ruled the companies, but it is Porsches grandson, Ferdinand Pich, who is the central character in this bookAfter my use of ROVER/PEMS related to the Department of Justice settlement with heavy-duty engine manufacturers in 1998, the settlement required the companies to conduct their own on-road testing similar to what I had doneHe describes VW's rise from 'the people's car' during the Nazi era to one of Germany's most prestigious and important global brands, touted for being 'green.' He paints vivid portraits of Volkswagen chairman Ferdinand Piech and chief executive Martin Winterkorn, arguing that the corporate culture they fostered drove employees, working feverishly in pursuit of impossible sales targets, to illegal methodsMaas Rainbow Rowell Ransom Riggs Bestselling Series Divergent Series The Hunger Games The Maze Runner Series Harry Potter Blog The B&N Teen Blog Coming Soon Pre-order tomorrow's bestselling books for teens today 48a4f088c3

Politics N.YJack had a striking resemblance to her reclusive employer, Dimitri Marinos, Angelica with the help of Jack's cousin J.R
Amelia's Story: A Childhood LostA Scots Earl, in Covenanting Times: Being, Life and Times of Archibald, 9th Earl of Argyll (1629-1685) (Classic Reprint)The+Song+Poet%3A+A+Memoir+of+My+FatherBaby Toys Kids Doll Photo BookWeb Of Mystery #29: Gwandanaland ComicsPenny Dreadful Volume 1For Mom White Trilliums: JournalUn'Invincibile Grandezza (Italian Edition)Superhero Kaitlin: A 6 x 9 Lined JournalSuperhero Brittany: A 6 x 9 Lined Journal

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 11:10 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Divers -> Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006